Bond cleaning, or end-of-lease cleaning, is a thorough cleaning process in rental properties before tenants move out. The purpose is to ensure the property is returned in the same clean and well-maintained condition as when the lease began.
Bond Cleaning involves cleaning all areas, including floors, walls, appliances, and fixtures, to meet the landlord’s or property manager’s standards.
In this post, we’ll learn more about bond cleaning, explore what it includes, and its advantages for both tenants and landlords. We will provide a comprehensive checklist to ensure you leave your rental property neat and clean, safeguarding your security deposit and a smooth transition.
What is Included in a Bond Cleaning?
Bond Cleaning usually includes cleaning tasks mentioned below.
- General Cleaning: Cleaning and dusting all surfaces, including walls, ceilings, and light fixtures.
- Floor Cleaning: Thoroughly cleaning all types of flooring, such as vacuuming carpets, mopping hard floors, and polishing where necessary.
- Bathroom Cleaning: Cleaning and sanitising toilets, sinks, showers, and tiles. Removing mould and mildew if present.
- Kitchen Cleaning: Cleaning and degreasing all kitchen surfaces, including countertops, appliances (inside and out), and exhaust fans.
- Windows and Glass: Cleaning windows, doors, and glass partitions or fixtures.
- Dust and Cobweb Removal: Removing dust and cobwebs from all corners, vents, and hard-to-reach areas.
- Fixtures and Fittings: Cleaning light fixtures, switches, and any built-in shelving or cabinets.
- Air Conditioning Vents: Cleaning and dusting air conditioning vents and filters.
- Garbage Disposal: Ensuring that all garbage and debris are properly disposed of.
- Exterior: In some cases, cleaning the property’s exterior, including windows and accessible outdoor areas.
- Compliance with Regulations: Ensuring compliance with any specific cleaning regulations or requirements outlined in the lease agreement or by the property manager.
Comprehensive Bond Cleaning Checklist
A comprehensive bond cleaning checklist for a rental commercial property can help ensure that the property is returned to the landlord or property manager in the same clean and well-maintained condition as when the lease began.
A detailed checklist for comprehensive bond cleaning is mentioned below.
- Dust all surfaces, including walls, ceilings, and light fixtures.
- Wipe down and clean all switches, power outlets, and electrical fixtures.
- Remove cobwebs from corners and hard-to-reach areas.
- Clean and disinfect all door handles and knobs.
- Clean and polish any mirrors or glass surfaces.
- Vacuum all carpets, including edges and corners.
- Steam clean carpets if required.
- Sweep and mop hard floors, ensuring they are free from dust and stains.
- Polish and buff hard floors to restore shine.
- Clean and disinfect toilets, including the base and surrounding areas.
- Clean and disinfect sinks and countertops.
- Scrub and clean showers, bathtubs, and tiles.
- Remove mould and mildew from grout and silicone seals.
- Clean and shine all bathroom fixtures and accessories.
- Replace worn or missing caulk or sealant.
- Clean and degrease all kitchen surfaces, including countertops and backsplashes.
- Thoroughly clean the interior and exterior of all kitchen appliances, such as stovetop, oven, microwave, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Clean and sanitise the sink and faucets.
- Remove grease and grime from exhaust fans and filters.
- Clean and sanitise cabinets and drawers, inside and out.
- Empty and clean all kitchen trash bins.
Windows and Glass:
- Clean all interior and exterior windows and glass doors.
- Ensure window tracks and sills are free from dirt and debris.
Fixtures and Fittings:
- Clean and polish light fixtures, including bulbs.
- Wipe down and disinfect switches, sockets, and any built-in shelving.
- Ensure that all fixtures are securely attached and in good working condition.
Air Conditioning Vents:
- Dust and clean air conditioning vents and filters.
- Replace filters if required.
Exterior (if applicable):
- Clean and sweep any outdoor entryways, patios, or balconies.
- Ensure exterior windows and glass are clean and free from debris.
- Remove all trash and debris from the property.
- Properly dispose of any hazardous materials according to local regulations.
Compliance with Regulations:
- Ensure that all cleaning complies with any requirements outlined in the lease agreement or by the property manager.
Advantages of Bond Cleaning
The advantages of bond cleaning for both tenants and landlords are mentioned below.
- Security Deposit Retrieval: The primary benefit for tenants is that completing a thorough bond cleaning can increase the likelihood of getting their full security deposit back. Landlords often require the property to be in the same condition as when the lease began.
- Compliance with Lease Agreement: Bond cleaning helps tenants fulfil their contractual obligations outlined in the lease agreement, reducing the risk of disputes or legal issues at the end of the tenancy.
- Property Maintenance: It ensures that the rental property is well-maintained and clean, which helps landlords preserve the property’s value and appeal to future tenants.
- Positive Tenant-Landlord Relationship: A well-executed bond cleaning can lead to a smoother transition between tenants and fosters a positive relationship between tenants and landlords, which can be advantageous for both parties in the long run.
- Legal Compliance: Bond cleaning often involves compliance with local and state regulations regarding the condition of rental properties, ensuring that both parties adhere to the law.
Bond cleaning, or end-of-lease cleaning, is a critical aspect of the rental property lifecycle, benefiting tenants and landlords.
For tenants, it offers the opportunity to secure the return of their security deposit by fulfilling their lease agreement obligations. It also contributes to a smoother transition and a positive relationship with landlords.
For landlords, comprehensive bond cleaning ensures that their property is well-maintained, increasing its appeal to prospective tenants and helping to maintain its value.
Moreover, bond cleaning ensures legal compliance, which is crucial for the smooth operation of rental agreements.
At ACS Commercial Cleaning, our commercial cleaning services offer a reliable bond cleaning solution to meet the meticulous standards often demanded by landlords and property managers.
We understand the importance of leaving no corner untouched, helping tenants secure the return of their security deposit while ensuring properties are in excellent condition for the next occupant.
Call us at 03 9114 9778 for top-notch bond cleaning services in Melbourne. We’ll ensure your rental property is immaculate, helping you secure your deposit and leave a lasting impression. Contact us now for a hassle-free end-of-lease cleaning experience.